Friday, July 30, 2010

Untitled

The pattering of the raindrops is muffled behind the glass of the window. I can see the drops flow down the window as i look outside...

*...mimi sijui, sielewi...*

The haunting melodies of the past tug at me swaying me from all that is within me. The cold air flows through me, chilling me from the inside...

*...so long, see you...*

The drops splash on the puddles, forming ripples that move ever outward. The weak light of the moon plays over everything, casting a pale white sheen on it all...

*...sema kwaheri, tusonge mbele...*

The rumble of thunder is faintly heard over the rain. The trickling grows louder, echoing in the empty house. I get up and place my palms on the window, i can feel the drops as though they are running down my palms...

*...pole, pole, miye nimefika mwisho...*

I slide the window open and step outside, the rain falling on my shirt. My breath is caught in my chest as the cold hits me like a slap. The drops roll down my face as I tilt it heavenwards. I can feel the goosebumps as the rain falls on me, unrelenting, unwavering. I fall to my knees with a splash and bow my head. The rain runs into my eyes, small pinpricks of pain. A half smile creases my face, my mind is as empty as my heart is cold. Empty as the sky above me, cold as the ice in the heavens.

No comments:

Post a Comment